Well, we are mid way into Fall Break here folks. And let me tell you, it's been really nice not having to wake up at dawn. I am now counting down the days to Thanksgiving break. And then will count down the days to winter break... and so on. You get my drift right?
I made this super easy to put together chicken alfredo bread with ingredients I picked up at Walmart. To be honest it was more like me testing out this recipe for the upcoming hosting season that will be upon us soon. And the kids LOVED it.
I personally love the private brand's at Walmart such as Great Value, Sam's choice, Freshness Guaranteed. I'm always on the lookout for them as they are high on quality and save me money. Also nothing beats the ease and convenience of their online shopping. If you are a new customer, you can use promo code TRIPLE10 to save 10$ off your first 3 pickup or delivery orders. (50$ min Restrictions and Fees apply). Linking a few favorite items for inspiration for your next grocery stop.
A quick Alfredo Bread, perfect for a kids snack, an appetizer or to take to a friends house. All the ingredients are linked below
1 loaf of Freshness Guaranteed French Bread
3 tbsp of Great Value salted butter
2 tbsp of flour
1 cup of shredded chicken
1 cup of Great Value frozen Corn
1 cup of Great Value heavy ceam
1 cup of Great Value parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped spring onion greens
1/2 a cup of chopped cherry tomatoes (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut the French loaf in the middle and scoop out the insides slightly. reserve to make the best breadcrumbs later.
2. Over medium high heat, melt butter in a skillet, and add the flour and mix for about 3 minutes.
3. Next add the chicken, frozen corn and seasonings. Add in the cream once the corn has heated through.
4. Once the mixture has thickened up remove from heat and spoon out on to the bread evenly.
5. Top with the cheese, the tomatoes and spring onions.
6. Bake for 15 minutes and broil for 3 minutes for color. Serve
One of my recent favorite items to pick up from Walmart have been these ready to go single serve salads by one of their private brands called "Marketside". These are on a monthly rotation in my house now. They are not only delicious, but I find myself grabbing one when I'm short on time and to give to Salim to take for lunch. Linking some other favorites here. You all know the chocolate chips buns are a staple in this household.
Thank you to Walmart for sponsoring this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.